Redwater Education Foundation
The Redwater Education Foundation was established in 2010 as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization to support its local school district by raising funds for innovative educational programs not funded through local, state, or federal taxes.
Establishing the Redwater Education Foundation provides the opportunity for community involvement from individuals, businesses, and civic organizations to support educational programs for the children and staff of RISD.
The Foundation's mission is to encourage student excellence, enhance quality learning opportunities, promote innovative and exemplary teaching, and build community participation in the Redwater ISD educational system. The Foundation was created to raise funds and provide support for educational activities and programs that enrich the learning environment but are not financed through traditional operating budgets.
Summary of Organization:
The Foundation will provide funds for innovative and creative educational programs and activities which either have not been funded or have been under-funded by the normal operating budget. These funds will be used to facilitate student achievement and skill development, to recognize and encourage staff excellence, and to expand community involvement from individuals, businesses, and civic organizations.
The Redwater ISD Education Foundation will achieve its mission by directing resources toward the following goals:
* Encourage all students to work at their highest potential
* Support staff for innovative efforts
* Recognize staff for exemplary teaching
* Build community awareness for Redwater ISD education Foundation
* Involve the community in assuring a quality education for the leaders and workers of tomorrow.
Statement of 501c (3) Status:
The Redwater ISD Education Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit tax-exempt philanthropic organization of citizens who are:
* Sharing a vision of enhancing education in Redwater ISD,
* Working to increase private support for educational activities Redwater,
* Benefitting Redwater's students and staff by supporting activities not funded by tax dollars,
* Fostering creative approaches to education through private grants and involvement,
* Awarding Foundation funds through a volunteer Board of Directors made up of business, community, and educational leaders.